Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Will Never Live for the Sake of Another Hippo nor Ask Another Hippo to Live for Mine

Click To Increase Text Size: Normal Big Bigger

When I read crap like this…
"Yes, we need health-care reform, but why couldn't we have taken it step by step?" asked Kitty Rehberg, a 71-year-old farmer from nearby Rowley, who held a colonial-era American flag as she protested near Mr. Obama's speech. She said the president's policies would cost her "a lot from my pocket book" to help people who "just want freebies."
And this…
A reader directed me to the Environmental Workings Group's database of farm subsidies, where I could discover just how much that farmer (Kitty Rehberg) collects from the federal government.
Answer: a lot. Since 1995, the farm Rehberg owns has collected $357,627 from the Department of Agriculture.
It really helps me understand the sentiment of this…


Yep. I have a very similar thought pretty much every single day.

Shawn
Shawn

No comments: